Tuesday 8 April 2014

a walk through the forest - personality test

This is an exercise which if done properly can be a very positive experience in itself - as well as lead to lots of thought and talk afterwards.

There are some versions better than others...

These are all quite good, all a little different:
Psychology Walk-Through Test | Shadows of the Soul
PersonalityQuiz.net Site - the forest
Forest Adventure Personality Test - Random Discussion

Here is a very simplified version which is very clear - but you might wish to add to the descriptions a little when you're telling it yourself:

My professor gave us this test in class the other day. First I’ll give the instructions, them my responses, and finally what everything means. Now don’t jump to the end until after you have answered the questions. The results can be pretty revealing. 

The Test:
First picture yourself in a FOREST. Describe the forest. Next you come upon a KEY. Describe the key and what you do with it (pick it up, leave it there, look at it, etc.). Next you come upon a BEAR. Describe the bear and what you do in reaction to it. Next you come upon a CUP. Describe the cup and what you do with it. Next you come upon a HOUSE. Describe the house and what you do with it. Next you come upon a body of WATER. Describe the body of water and what you do with it. Next you come upon a WALL. Describe the wall. If you can see it, describe what is BEYOND THE WALL. 

My Answers:The forest is dark but light seeps through the leaves. The key on the ground is large and gold. I pick it up, examine it, and put it back down. In the distance is a large black bear that is sitting and staring at me. Slowly I walk away from the bear. On the ground is a cup (the disposable variety from a fast food restaurant). Seeing the cup makes me angry, because someone littered in the forest, so I pick the cup up and take it with me (to throw away later). Then I see an old house that resembles an ancient forest cabin. I walk up to the house, look in the windows and then leave. Next I come to a pond that is clear and appears to be fairly deep. I stand at the pond for a while looking at the water and then continue walking. Then there is a short stone wall made out of ancient rocks. On the other side of the wall is more forest. 

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What It All Means: The FOREST represents YOUR LIFE. 
The KEY represents OPPORUNITY. 
The BEAR represents OBSTICLES. 
The CUP represents LOVE. 
The HOUSE represents MARRIGE. 
The WATER represents SEX. 
The WALL represents DEATH and BEYOND THE WALL represents the AFTERLIFE. 

Needless to say, after completing this exercise, I was reminded how messed up I really am. The exercise was fun nevertheless. Now for those of you who didn’t cheat and look at the answers, were you surprised with your results?


Oklahoma Lefty: A Psychological Test
.
.
.

No comments: