Sunday 18 June 2023

phrases which mean 'nothing will happen'

The British are very good at saying 'yes' when they mean 'no'.

Here's a nice list from the 'Very British Problems' website:

Phrases that mean nothing will happen:
Leave it with me
I’ll have a word
I’ll see what I can find
I’ll see what I can do
Consider it done!
I’ll make some calls
I’ll think about it
Certainly a possibility
Let’s come back to that
Good idea I’ll let you know!
We’ll see
I’ll check it out
Noted
Maybe
I’ll get back to you on that
Could do, could do…
I’ll take that on board
Let’s park that for now
It’s on my list
I’ll definitely keep it in mind
Watch this space!
Hold that thought
I’m doing it as we speak
Might see you down there
Text me the details
I’ll look into it
I certainly don’t rule it out

verybritishproblemsofficial | Twitter, Facebook, TikTok | Linktree

(20) VeryBritishProblems on Twitter: "Phrases that mean nothing will happen: Leave it with me I’ll have a word I’ll see what I can find I’ll see what I can do Consider it done! I’ll make some calls I’ll think about it Certainly a possibility Let’s come back to that Good idea I’ll let you know! We’ll see I’ll…" / Twitter

With more here:

(20) VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) / Twitter

No comments: