Thursday 17 August 2023

very british problems...

An excellent place to go to see how the Brits really talk - and how they can't quite say what they really mean:

(15) VeryBritishProblems (@SoVeryBritish) / X

Lots of wonderful examples of how the Brits don't actually say anything clearly at all...

Things Brits say when they’re absolutely livid: “What do you think you’re doing?” “What’s going on in here?” “With all due respect” “I beg your pardon” “Can I help you?” “Now look” “I’ll write a letter” “I’ve had just about enough of this” “Is there anybody else I can speak to?”

VeryBritishProblems on X: "Things Brits say when they’re absolutely livid: “What do you think you’re doing?” “What’s going on in here?” “With all due respect” “I beg your pardon” “Can I help you?” “Now look” “I’ll write a letter” “I’ve had just about enough of this” “Is there anybody else I can speak to?”" / X

But the Brits have other problems:


(15) X

There's a book or two:

Very British Problems

With a selection here:

40 Funny “Very British Problems” About The UK Just Being The UK, As Shared On This Twitter Page | Bored Panda

And they've just been to the Edinburgh Festival:

Very British Problems: Live | Comedy | Edinburgh Festival Fringe



.

.


No comments: