Saturday 16 January 2016

rating your company; or 'empowering the employee' and 'taking control of your career'

There is an increasing trend out there of 'rating' your former company - and these services are being used more and more by people looking for jobs:


The 7 Best Online Resources To Burn Your Bridges When You Quit Your Job

burn bridges jobOfficially, as of August 12th, I changed employers. I used to work for a massive global computer consulting company, with 60,000 employees across the globe. After suffering through the last few years, I decided it was time to look for a company that better values its employees. After “managed vacations” (a.k.a. forced vacations), unpaid furloughs and the ongoing and never-ending threat of layoffs, it became more than apparent that it was long past time to leave this poorly managed computer consulting conglomerate.
However, just leaving didn’t really feel like my style. I mean, I’ve worked for the same company for 13 years and it just didn’t seem cool to just silently walk off into the sunset. Therefore, I decided to share the management shortfalls and corporate shortcomings of this company with the entire world. I decided to “burn my bridges” I guess you could say.

7 Resources To Share How Companies Fail Employees

One thing that I noticed when I was job hunting – around the time when I wrote about the 10 most effective job hunting websites – was that there are a few websites out there where former employees provide completely honest reviews of what it’s like to work at the company. Those sites provide such a great insight of what it’s really like at the company.
Ann offered a few great websites where you can vent about your job or boss, but during my explorations, I discovered 7 more awesome sites where I could provide other job-seekers a similar service, once I quit my job for greener pastures.

The 7 Best Online Resources To Burn Your Bridges When You Quit Your Job

According to this site, it's about 'empowering the employee' and 'taking control of your career':
Rate My Employer — Pre-Employment Screenings
RateMyEmployer.org - YouTube

There are a lot of these services out there:
Rate your boss and avoid bad bosses with eBossWatch
Rate your employer at Employer Information - providing honest objective feedback about employers, and their work environment
Ever Wish You Could Publicly Rate Your Employer? InHerSight Gives Women The Chance - Forbes
.
.
.

No comments: