Monday 31 December 2012

improving my second language

In 2013 I intend to get going with my German, using a few techniques:

Reading for Pleasure:
> or I might try the original Fairy Stories from the Brothers Grimm: Die Märchen der Brüder Grimm: Amazon.de: Gebrüder Grimm: Bücher

As this is a wee bit difficult, I'll also be:

Pausing and Thinking:
> The method from antimoon.com: How to get the most out of English texts | Antimoon
> and whether it's really worth all the hard work: Is “pause and think” worth it? « The Antimoon Blog

Shadowing:
> The method from juliankitagawa.com: How to improve your English Speaking and Fluency: shadowing - YouTube (see this blog 10th Sept)

Keeping it Simple:
> The method from englisharmony.com: How To Speak Fluent English Easily? Use Your Active Vocabulary! - YouTube (see this blog 10th Sept)

I will not be keeping a vocabulary note book or looking at grammar rules!
I will be checking out German-language websites, doing at least 5 minutes of German a day, watching films and videos, writing to and telephoning friends in the German-speaking world: keeping it as active and fun as possible!
I'll let you know how it's going!
.
.
.

No comments: